Tuesday, September 30

ex Au Pair, 3º mês | North Wales, PA ☆

Home sweet home
September was a month with a lot of changes... Starting from our moving to North Wales, PA from Long Island, NY.
Avenel at Montgomery Square
Yes, Pennsylvania is our new address! Mike's job is just a little bit crazy like this... He gets to go wherever the new project will take him. After the BJ's Wholesales Club project on Long Island, he had to work for a project in New Jersey, a small store that sales mattress called Sleepy's and he still has to!! At the same time, he is checking a new Bj's that has just started to be built very close to the new apartment.
These are pictures from the Sleepy's being built in New Jersey with Mike managing the development of the project. The pictures show one month of progress since Mike has been there.. he loves to get work done fast!
Me too =] I helped so much with the moving, I even drove a truck for the first time... (we had to rent a small truck to move the furniture).
I didn't have time to take pictures nor videos to show how the new apartment looks like but I can already say that you pay less for more space in PA! (also that jumping in a pile of bubble wrap is so much fun lol).
Do you know what I just realized I forgot to add in my last month post? A picture of my bedroom in Brazil... I already miss a lot my house over there because it's hard to feel home when you have to be moving around.. :/
Talking about Brazilian home... while I was there, my brother and his friend got interviewed from SBT channel to talk about their data processing company called Storm Worm. The video came out a couple of weeks ago and is available on Youtube and right bellow here:
Now talking about friend... I said goodbye to Long Island and to Audrey, that girl I commented last month that is living very close to the old apartment. She picked me up (on 'her' Mercedes!), we went food (fish) shopping, then to her house to cook a special lunch... hope seeing you soon again, Audrey!!! *-*
Another special friend I met this month was Jennifer... one of my ex host kids but forever host sister! She went with her daddy to the At&t store to meet with Mike and I so I could finally switch plans. My ex host family was still paying for my phone!! I kept the same line (same number:) except that now I'm on Mike's plan and I ORDERED MY NEW iPHONE 6 =D I'm so excited to get it. I still have the iPhone 5 from two years ago and now it's time to use my upgrade. Mike thought about getting the iPhone 6 Plus but he didn't - he's not an Apple person...  I AM!
While at the store, Tom invited me to go to their Block Party and visit the other kids... of course I agreed to it :)
I was already missing them all so much, and being able to see the neighbors as well was really nice.
They had so many new stories to tell me... school has started so we had a lot to talk about. Lauren made cotton candy for everyone to be even happier! I got to see Jack biking without training wheels (finally!) and how cute he got without his two front teeth... OMG September was his birthday! I definitely did not miss his Happy B-day song.
Spending that special Sunday at their house was amazing. I could talk to Oma, Grandma and Grandpa... Carol Ann made a delicious dinner and then we ate Jack's favorite ice cream cake =]
Who remember Tina? Mike's cousin I visited in a hospital a few months ago... I also went to her first communion.
Well, she is doing very good and she will turn 9 in a couple of days, so we enjoyed the school day off due jewish holiday to go to the mall... Tina got her first Uggs boots from Donna (Mike's mom) and Mikey (Tina's brother) got the same Crocs I did! Oh, and we bought a cute dual BFF bracelete ^^
I think that was pretty much it for this month... Fall and the football season are here. My life got a little different from how it used to be, I mean much more serious... It's like I'm an adult for real now haha
We didn't go party this month though we didn't forget to go to the movies. I chose "If I stay" - a very good choice btw!
Oh, of course... another thing I spent the whole month making sure I'd make the right choice was picking my first American car!!! (I say 'american' because I used to have a car in Brazil) Yes, I GOT A CAR =D a 2004 New Beetle. I'll come back here next month telling how I'm liking it, ok?! Just still very surprised how expensive the same exactly car costs in Brazil =0
Talking about cars... Mike got into a car accident last week. Luckily, it wasn't his fault at all, he was just stopped at the red light when a crazy car crushed his from behind. The good thing is: Mike has a strong and high Jeep so NOTHING happened to his car (neither to himself, thank God).
I'm having a busy month so I'm stopping here leaving a video I made almost 3 years ago for my ex host family right after we had our match... I tried to show to them a little bit of my home country and hometown, (I've always wanted to post it here on my blog) hope you like it! :)  

36 comments :

  1. So glad you're starting a new life with your love! Just love this car!!!!! I was planning to buy the exactly same one if I stay here! Love yours posts! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wellem! Oh go for it! the car is awesome.. I'm very happy :) Thxoxo

      Delete
  2. Gi, I am really happy that you are happy too, I sounds more that amazing everything you've been going...
    as always, I'll be here next month to follow you as I've been doing since I started this Au pair journey...
    See you
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Thais! You're always welcome to come to check out what is new with me :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hello Gi!!!
    Did you already come back to USA? Menina que rápido! Haha!
    I am glad that you are fine and happy, as i can see in your photos.
    I'm crazy about New Beetle, I love this car, unfortunately I don't have money for that (nem a carteira na verdade! haha), so I got outraged with the price difference Hahaha!
    I wish that God bless your new life! ;D
    Beijinhos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thamy.. yes, I'm back since my last post haha don't worry, you'll get your driver's license soon ok ;) Thank you so much for always being here! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hey. Gih!! Te bem? Muitas aquisições em um mês hein? Muito chique essa menina... Então, comprou o iPhone 6 plus né? Tah gostnto não eh muito grande? Eu to pensando em comprar mas preciso ver de perto antes, sabe como neh? Brasileiro vê comas mãos... Haha enfim, adorei o carro também. Vc eh uma menina muito abençoada, muitas coisas boas acontecendo para vc e Mike, e isso eh muito bom. Vcs tem muitos. Ótimos oara comemorar! Haha beijos Gih ;* nós falamos right? Hope see you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oie Fer.. não.. eu não comprei o 6 Plus.. comprei o 6 normal - q ja eh grande suficiente haha o Plus parece um tablete!! eu to me acostumando ainda mas é bem levinho e eu tb fui na loja ver com as mãos antes de comprar! =] Thxx yeah.. hope see you too! xoxo

      Delete
  5. oi gisella!!
    guria, primeiro preciso comentar que achei teu irmão uma gracinha hehehe
    adorei teu carro novo e cai pra tras com a diferença do preço tambem =O
    acredita que eu tbm fui assistir IF I stay? hahaha big chick flick ne? lol
    beijos, bom outubro pra ti!!

    ps: adorei as fotos da visita a HF, mas minha preferida ficou a de ti dirigindo o truck hahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps2: uhuu, dessa vez nao perdi o comentario na hora de clicar em "publish" :))) mas eu tinha dado um ctrl C anyway hahaha

      Delete
    2. Oi Duda! q bom q deu certo comentar dessa vez :)
      serio.. vou falar pro brother vir ler teu comment hehe
      ai quase morri qdo soube q teria q dirigir um caminhão - no BR tem q ter carteira certa pra isso, mas aqui não! bjokas (keep enjoying your 4th kid!)

      Delete
  6. Feliz por vc Gii!!! Boa sorte na sua nova vida!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigada Fran... skype qq dia desses heim Bjoka

      Delete
  7. Wow my love! LOVE the way your blog looks now. You're such a princess haha. It's always a pleasure reading about your monthly adventures. I'm lucky to be apart of your story. For example.. you helping me move to Pennsylvania! How sweet of you driving that big truck for me haha. Also, thanks for the compliment.. I do like to work fast! I can't wait for the next upcoming month :) stay tuned everyone for the next post! Its going to be an exciting month of October. Love you fofinha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it fofinho.. sorry there's no pics of us anymore on the layout but people see us together in every post.. oops! there's no pic of us together in this one!!!!! =0 What happened with Sep?? haha I think we were too tired for nice pics.. beijos, love you more

      Delete
  8. Oi, Giii.
    Tudo bem?
    Ainda bem que esse post num foi muuuito longo...
    Assim consigo entender tudo mais rápido. hahaha
    Realmente tô adorando a ideia de fazer posts em inglês. :p E nossa, quantos acontecimentos heim!? Adorei as fotos do apê, parece bem aconchegante. Fico feliz em ver que você tem uma relação boa com a hf, isso só mostra mais uma vez o quão você se esforçou e conseguiu. E esse iphone 6!? OMG... Eu queeero. hahaha Enfim, mais uma vez boa sorte nesse comecinho de vida nova. Nem preciso dizer que vai dar tudo certo né!? Aliás, já tá dando. *Aaa troquei meu chip, não sei se você viu a mensagem que te mandei no whats. Anyways, beijããão e até mais.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oie Andreia.. neh foi tao curtinho q eu ate estranhei, mas a vida anda corrida... o apê é uma gracinha.. tentarei mostrar no proximo post ta... ai e minhas ex host kids serão eternamente queridas! menina q babado essa do whatsapp neh.. pq acabei trocando de cel tb e perdi as msgs! Bjokas

      Delete
  9. AAAAAh Gi, que mês produtivo!
    Parabéns pelo carro e pelo apartamento! Que venham muitas outras coisas boas junto dessas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lari, vc aqui novamente :) ai vamos torcendo neh! thxoxo

      Delete
  10. Oiee Gii! Quantas coisas boas acontecendo pra vc.. Boa sorte nessa nova etapa da sua vida! Quando eu chegar ai no USA quero te conhecer viu?! :D

    Beijo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oi Jé!! ai primeiro parabens pelo match (again! hehe) vc vai amar estar em MA e for sure iremos nos encontrar! Bjokas

      Delete
  11. Menina que diferença de valor! Pasma!
    E que susto, mas graças a Deus nada de grave aconteceu!
    E que delicia de mudanças e que alegria as fotos com as kids <3
    Beijos Beijos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi Bru.. ahh brigada pela visita! ta tudo indo nos conformes neh
      PS: lembrei de vc qdo fiquei sabendo sobre a exposição de 20 anos dos Friends em NY, vou ver se vou esse mês! Bjokas

      Delete
    2. Aiiwn vaii siiim e por favooor faz um post bem detalhado com fotos e me conta tudooooo hahahaha
      Beijos

      Delete
  12. Giii, que saudadee!!
    Seu numero no whats mudou???
    me chama la p eu marcar o n° novoo!!
    Bjoos
    Ps: é a Angélicaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi Gé.. nao mudou nao.. ta igualzinho e no whatsapp tb!!
      Bjokas e saudades tb =*

      Delete
  13. Noossa tudo inglês agora é! hahaha
    preciso dar uma lida nos outros posts, mas só agora peguei um notebook melhor e consigui voltar a comentar nos blogs! hehe
    Seu carro é uma gracinha haha acho até que devia vir dirigindo daí pra ca! hahahaha
    Ansiosa pra conhecer vocês!!!
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi Fer.. nossa como vc sumiu! mas só dos comentários neh.. aiiiiii q animação te ter no proximo post!! I'm soooo excited!! Bjokasss see you Sat!

      Delete
  14. Gii agora que vi que vc tbm é formada em Comex...eu me formaria ano que vem, estou na 6ª fase...mas vou trancar hehe beijos

    http://mayaupairnoseua.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Que estranho, antes desse meu último comentário eu havia feito outro, será que não publiquei? =(

    Enfim, o que eu tinha falado era que nossa, quantos acontecimentos heim, cabe tudo isso num mês? hahah vc sempre simpática com as pessoas, me sinto bem próxima de vc lendo seus posts, quase uma amiga virtual heheh

    Nossa fiquei abismada com o valor do carro, que mesmo se o valor fosse em R$ seria bemmm mais barato. Pena que pra trazer carro pro Brasil é uma burocracia que só vendo.

    Enfim, continue postado heim!! Beijao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oie May! Ai q legal q temos a facul em comum.. mas acho q vc deveria terminar a sua tb antes de vir ta ;) sorry q seu comment desapareceu =[ Ahh brigada pelas palavras e nem rola de 'levar' carro pro BR.. q bom q vc veio aqui, ja estou seguindo seu blog - adorei! e clica em *join this site* ali em baixo pra vc me seguir tb =] Bjokas

      Delete
    2. PS: achei seu comment no ultimo post.. o q conto sobre minha visita ao BR:)

      Delete
    3. Giii mas eu ja sigo vcc =) não perco mais suas postagens hehe beijoss

      Delete
  16. Wow, you updated and I didn't see it :/
    But I'm seeing it now and that's what matters lol
    Congrats for your new home! I hope you like it!
    And you saw your kids... it must be a little weird right?
    Your ex host parents are really cool, still paying for your phone bill lol
    and about the car: that's my dream car here in Brazil! But who knows what's gonna happen when I'm in the USA... LOL
    Can't wait for your next update!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nu.. it's okay it took you a little while till you saw my updates this time.. just remember to come here ever 1st day of each month =] Do you think you will buy a New Beetle when you're here? it's another dream coming true! Bjokasss

      Delete
  17. Oi Gi, tudo bem?
    Adoro seu blog, sempre leio desde que decidi ser Aupair extraordinaire :-)
    Também te sigo no Instagran
    Fiquei online segunda feira, ansiedade a mil, rs
    Queria saber se você sabe como está o fluxo ou dicas pra quem é extraordinaire!
    Posso te add no fb?
    Muito feliz por você, pelas coisas estarem dando certo!
    Beijos Isa

    ReplyDelete