Sunday, November 30

ex Au Pair, 5º mês | ME ☆

Happy Thanksgiving!
Yeah, this was my Turkey month once again! But before I started registering how my third Thanksgiving was... I made a promise last month that I would talk about my daily routine, right? 
So, if you have already seen this picture on my Instagram you might get an idea about what I had been doing this fall... studying! The course I chose is called TESOL (teaching English for students of other languages) and it's provided by Oxford Seminars but was taken at Villanova University in Philadelphia on the weekends (Saturdays and Sundays from 9am to 6pm). 
We were a class of five; Maria, Jiwook, Jeff, Aline and I. Our teacher Amanda -not the best teacher in the world- did a good job and at the end of the course, each of us planned and presented a 50-min lesson, so we could feel prepared to face our real English classes in the future in the position of being the teacher =]
me (faking) "being" an English teacher Lol
Because I had nothing to do during the week, I decided it would be good if I worked, so I did -and still am doing- I found out this website care.com to search for families... 
The family I chose to babysit has 4 children: big brother Asher (6), big sister Delilah (3), and newborn twin sisters Noa & Livia. They're from Chappaqua, NY so I'm basically being "Bi-States" because I spend the week at Mike's mom's house in New York, and on Friday nights I drive to Pennsylvania to spend the weekends. I'm having a great experience while helping this family because I'm learning how to take care of babies! (plus I'm being paid almost 4 times more than Au Pairs usually are Lol)
OMG talking about Au Pairs, babies, Chappaqua families... remember Deborah, my ex Au Pair friend who got married last year? She is pregnant! And she works for a family in Chappaqua that is a friend of my current one! What a coincidence :) Our girls even go to school together and are like BFFs #CongratulationsDeh
Even though I love my new kids, I still miss my old ones... Thank God we're so close that I can just drive by whenever I feel like... or just FaceTime =) as I sometimes do specially with Jennifer. We took this video in her bedroom at the night I went to their house to have dinner before leaving to see Kristen's play... Love our new dance! ઇ‍ઉ
video
The Tempest was the Shakespeare drama Kristen participated in- being part of the main cast!
She interpreted Miranda, a teenage
girl who falls in love and almost kisses a boy!!!It was so exciting watching this scene OMG!!! You can see for yourself in the following video:
video
Kristen, now 16, did an amazing job, every year she gets better! Her parents were so proud that they accepted hosting a party for the cast at their house, how cool is that?!
Another important thing they had to celebrate this month was Lauren's 15th Birthday *-* Because it was Monday, I tried by best not to miss her dinner but I could only make it to her cake =P My birthday gift was taking her to the movies to watch Mockingjay, Part 1 - awesome btw. Oh, and we went to Carvel after!
This month was also my Brother's Birthday! He turned 24, the age no boys want to ever be Lol Of course, my Mom didn't let it just pass by, she made a basket with his favorite stuff, bought him some gifts and wrote a message on a balloon - so cute... I miss these special little things so much - okay, I got jealous! Happy B-day again Rodrigo! :*
Talking about Brazil (because he is there!), my two great friends from Brazil, came to New York and are leaving tomorrow :( 
My ex students' grandparents invited me to go have dinner with them at The View, that 360º restaurant in Times Square! I got really happy to see Ju, Elvio and 2 of their friends that night... 
Can you see my car?
'cause I can't =0
I planned to meet them on the next day too at Woodbury Outlet but the day started snowing so much - yeah you read it right - we had our first snow storm in November! =0 anyways, it was snowing so much that I couldn't drive that day =[
I hope you two had an awesome time and
are already thinking about coming back! thx
Then, I thought to myself "oh let's go shopping on Black Friday!" I worked on my 2 only Black Fridays so I kind of got excited to go to an Outlet this year... Well, it was by far the worst experience I've ever had in my American life!
Lines and more lines everywhere... to get in the store, to pay... I don't know if it was only crazy that way at Jersey Gardens but I will never do it again! PS: I left as soon as I saw MK line #whatawaste
But the day before was great, a day to be grateful for all the good things that has been happening all year, and I had a lot to be thankful for! Donna prepared a delicious Thanksgiving dinner for her 4 sons, brothers, sister-in-low, niece, nephew, and I ^^
Mike had to work this Thanksgiving =/ The NJ store he was building were suppose to open on Black Friday (which is a day after Thanksgiving) so he had to be there while it was being loaded with mattresses... The good thing about it is: DONE! Now he only needs to worry about PA project. #welldonefofinho
Our holiday weekend was AWESOME! Tonight we are just ending a short trip we took to MAINE, the only state in the northeast coast that was missing for me to visit. Ah, what to say about ME... it is beautiful and cold! I told my Minnesota friends, Duda and Letícia, that ME is the MN of the east cost Lol
But ME is also a huge state so we had to do a lot of research before choosing the places to go. We started with a stop at The Kittery Outlets, the town is about 4 hours and a half from NY. On the first store we walked in, we saw Santa and Mrs Claus, so cute. Mike was the one shopping, he got jeans, snow pants, a jacket, a couple t-shirts and lots of socks - I also got some socks. 
We had lunch around there and drove like another hour to get to Portland. Because it's almost winter and we're already using the daylight saving time, it's getting dark before 5pm, so we didn't have much time to explore around the town when it was still day. We visited the Portland Observatory (built in 1807) and then, we decided to go check in the hotel, but I thought Mike had booked a room for us and he thought I had done it Lol well, we didn't have a hotel room booked for the night! After driving around downtown we found a hotel called Hampton Inn and a very cool restaurant on the water called DiMillos, that of course we went to have our Saturday night dinner! Mike order a lobster again, a lazy lobster this time haha they took all the meat out of the shell for him and he was super excited because lobsters are so famous in Maine... I tried from his plate and liked it :)
Today we drove 2 more hours toward north to get to Sunday River Mountain, one of the only Ski Resorts that were already opened for the season. It was my second time snowboarding and I can tell that it felt much easier this time :) 
We stopped to have dinner before leaving ME at a traditional restaurant called Market Square, then we shared the roads for 6hrs till we get back to his Mom's house in NY... Now I'm going to sleep because it's almost midnight here and already 3am for those in Brazil 
love is beautiful!
OMG I completely forgot to comment that Mike and I went for the 1st time to an IMAX theater!
We watched Interstellar, an awesome movie we're sure will win many Oscars next year 

27 comments :

  1. Hey Gi
    I felt so proud because u still so kind with ur blog!
    Now in english, I need to improve my write so much...
    Congratulations for ur all achievement, u desserve everything, Now a say good bye to my blog I don't have so much time and pleasure to write anymore like before, I hope everything going well with ya! Xx
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy!! LOVE when you visit my blog :* love even more when you post on yours... are you sure you're gonna stop posting? =[ maybe you should start posting in English too (to practice your writing that I'm positive it's already great!) Bjokas and good luck with your new challenges!

      Delete
  2. Heey!!! I loved your post! Now I feel much closer to you... I'm so excited!!! Thanks for everything... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess! true, I bet you this post made much more sense to you than to other ;) You're welcome, hope everything works out well, Bjoka!

      Delete
  3. Giiiii adorei seu mês. E tu será uma grande professora viu? E só de tu postar em inglês já está me ensinando hehe
    Beijoos <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi Dri... ai querida brigada *-* é, agora posso dizer q sou uma English teacher só falta o emprego rs mas como com esse F1? =/ #vamosesperar Bjokas e amei sua listinha do ultimo post.. vou me inspirar!

      Delete
  4. Great Gisella! I want to do some course focusing on English teaching when I get to the USA... I don't consider myself a 'master of english' but i think it would be better to my career here when I come back. And yes, you'll be a great English teacher. I don't know you in person but you seem to be a kind and patient girl!
    You like the Hunger games too??? I loved Mockingjay! Shame here in the city next to mine there were dubbed* copies only.
    Anyway, hope you have a great Christmas, if you don't post until there!
    Xoxo

    *dublado é assim mesmo? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nu... oh you really should take this course then.. it's almost 1200$ but really worth it... thxoxo you also seem to be very nice =] (I'm sorry about your driver license, just don't give up!) yes, I love Hunger Games!! and that's horrible you only got to see it dubbed.. they should play it with subtitles =/ (ps. é assim mesmo lol) Well, you're right, Marry Christmas 'cause my next post will be on the 31st! Bjokassss

      Delete
  5. Oi gi! Wow what a weekend huh? It started off with an awesome Thanksgiving with the ones I love most and ended with a wonderful road trip with the one I love more than I can describe :) I'm so proud of you, you're starting to really know how to snowboard! You always know how to learn so fast with everything you do. I had so much fun with you this weekend, it makes working so hard so worth it enjoying moments like we have (even in different states ;)) I love our new memories and I love you even more, can't wait for our next adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg you always leave me the sweetest comments ever S2 I'm so lucky to have you in my life... sharing the adventure moments, and every other ones. Thanks for being the best snowboarding instructor ever! Can't wait for our next Thanksgiving... your mom's food is so delicious =P where are we having fun next? shhh let's keep it as a secret ;) Love you! Bjoka

      Delete
  6. Hi Gi...
    I love to read your blog and see your photos, and I'm surprised that I can understand everything you write, I'm so much better in english and your posts are helping me a lot! :D
    I'm glad that you're happy and following a new way... Your new host kids are so cute, especially the babies... *---*
    Gi, Is this course like a graduation? ( tipo uma faculdade?) And with this course can you work as a teacher in USA?
    Well, Happy late Thanksgiving...hahaha!
    Beijinhos! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thamy, I'm glad your English has been improving and that my posts are helping you somehow =] *yes, the babies are the cutest!* No, the tesol course isn't a college course but gives you credits.. and no, I cannot teach English in America with this course certificate =( but it was a great experience and if I ever decide to go back to BR I already have a start =) *I'm getting into college in Jan* I wish you an early Merry Christmas! Bjokas

      Delete
  7. Gii, adoro suas historias e fotos *---*
    Beijosss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi Mari, obrigada e boa sorte com o novo processo da APC =] Bjoka

      Delete
  8. YYYAAAAYYYY Happy thanksgiving Gih!!!
    Adorei as historias desse mês, que legal que você conseguiu entrar pela care.com. Eu já tinha pesquisado sobre esse site ;) Oin eu sempre quis saber como é cuidar de baby.
    Haha
    boa sorte Gih, não esquece de mim não!! nunca mais apareceu para me visitar...
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oie Fer... ah eu nao sumi nao, sempre vejo seu blog pelo cel e AMO suas fotos! ai ai acho q se fosse uma bebê só seria mais fácil rs mas é mta fofura em dobro viu, to adorando =] (da ate pra au pair encontrar uns trab extras nesse site!) Bjokas ate mais

      Delete
  9. Gii, ja mandei o link pra minha sister ler sobre maine! hahaha
    adorei o post, to louca pra ir fazer snowboarding tbm!! nao posso deixar MN sem ter feito snowboarding ne? hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oie.. sim, vc PRECISA ir fazer snowboarding, vai amar! ai sua irmã (q aliás deveria ser sua sucessora na HF rs) vai achar a parte sobre ME meio 'meia-boca' pq como tava mto frio fomos na intenção do snowboard mesmo... mas pra ir turistar mesmo (em uma temperatura mais agradável) vale MTO a pena, pq o estado é realmente lindo - cheio de pontes - lagos e mtas arvores, eu achei bem diferente do q ja tinha visto! Bjokas Duda

      Delete
  10. Ownnn babys :3 :3 Deve ser uma fofuraaaa
    E que mês cheio de coisas boas, parabéns professora \o/
    E que legal que as kids tem um enorme carinho por você, alias, a família toda né <3
    E ebaaa viagens, adoro ler e ver as fotos rs No insta tbm hehehe
    Beijos Beijos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi Lila... sabe o q coloquei na minha listinha pro Santa Claus e lembrei de vc? Uma Melissa =] como vc ama neh eu nunca tive uma, mas to louca pra ter! Aiiii os babies dao o maior trab mas cada smile fofo compensa o effort ^.^ Bjokas

      Delete
    2. Own que delicia :3 Compensa mesmo rs
      Aiwnnn Melissa <3 <3 <3 Cheirinho de chiclete rs
      Vamos marcar de ir na Galeria da Melissa em SP quando vc vier passear por aqui :) Que tal?
      Chefa não está perto no momento hehehe
      Beijos

      Delete
    3. haha morri c sua boss =P
      combinado! estarei no BR de 17/12 a 1/1
      vc tem whatsapp?! se sim passa o n por email.. bjokas

      Delete
    4. Ebaaa rs
      Tenho sim rs
      24/12 a 04/01 esterei off do trabalho, folgaaaa \o/ rs
      Tenho sim, vou passar :)

      Delete
  11. Oi Giii!
    Ai, voce eh muito fina pra nao gostar de Black Friday mesmo. eu AMEI! Por mim podia ter todo mes! hahahahah
    Adorei o post!
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh Fer fina nada.. talvez se tivesse com amigas pra ficar fofocando nas filas teria gostado hehe Bjokas

      Delete
  12. Hey Gi,
    Crazy about getting 4 times more than an Au pair... Crazy but true heheh
    I loved this last Black & White Pic - awsome...
    One more State for your list... Congrats...
    So See you
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oi Gi!!
    Passei pra te desejar um Happy New Year!!! :D
    Deus te abençõe com um ano cheio de alegrias e felicidades!
    Beijinhos!

    ReplyDelete